- Commodity Volume Forecast
- Fleet Management
- Operation Analysis and Simulation
- O&M Cost Estimate
- Operation Impact Study
- Title: Transit Cooperative Research Program (TCRP) A-27: Shared Use of Railroad Infrastructure with Non-FRA-Compliant Public Transit Rail Vehicles.
- Budget: $199,800.
- Funding Source: Transportation Research Board (TCRP) /American Public Transportation Association (APTA).
- Duration: November 2005 – March 2007
- Sub to Booz Allan Hamilton, Inc
- Awarded via a panel/peer review process by the National Research Council (NRC), this research project is to explore shared use of railroad track and infrastructure between freight and passenger equipment that is compliant with Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) requirements and transit equipment that is not FRA compliant, especially light rail vehicles (LRVs). TCRP and the transit industry are exploring this important issue because the potential for sharing common track would enable LRVs access to many urban rail corridors previously denied because of compatibility differences.