- Operation and Maintenance Cost Estimate
- Capital Investment Estimate
- Life-cycle Cost Estimate
- Cost-Benefit analysis
- Environmental Impact Statement
- Major Investment Studies
- Title: Operation Analysis and Cost Estimate for Baltimore-Washington Maglev Project, Baltimore, MD.
- Budget: $165,000.
- Funding Source: Mass Transit Administration, Maryland Department of Transportation.
- charged to perform the operation analysis for the proposed Maglev system between Baltimore and Washington DC. Dr. Liu has authored the Operation and Maintenance Cost Estimating Methodology Technical Memorandum and Preliminary Operation Plan. She also conducted the O&M cost estimate. Dr. Liu supervised modelers to simulate Maglev operations along the proposed alignments between Washington, DC and Baltimore. Due to her background in travel demand forecast, she also acted as the technical advisor for the project team and assisted the sub-consultant in achieving realistic future travel demand forecast for the proposed Maglev system.